At PegasusAblon, we are very proud of our veterans of service in the United States military. Companies are never more than the sum of their people, and more than 75 percent of our services team have been part of a much more significant team prior to joining us. They bring with them a legacy of service, discipline, team focus, organizational skills and self management which are both the hallmark and linchpin of the company dynamics at PegasusAblon.
Their service to our country ranges from deployments in the Vietnam conflict through the Cold War to Operation Iraqi Freedom. Our employees represent the Air Force, the Armyand the Navy. Their diversity of positions, focus and responsibilities could not be broader but are held together by their unspoken bond of duty.
Michael Butts, United States Navy
- Enlisted 1964-1970 with 4 years active and 2 years active reserve
- MM4 (3rd class Petty Officer), Attended Machinist Mate “A” school
- USS Yorktown an Essex-class Aircraft Carrier, Assigned to CINC PAC, 7th fleet
- Duty Station: The Gulf of Tonkin, South China Sea, The Gulf of Thailand
- Operations: Operation Rolling Thunder, Operation Magic Carpet, Operation Apollo 8 Recovery
- Deployed and visited Guam, Japan, China, Australia, New Zealand, The Philippines, Thailand and Vietnam.
Susan Chism, United States Navy
- Drilling reservist for 16 years with one year active duty
- Deployed to Kuwait in 2009-2010 in support of Operation Enduring Freedom
- Qualified as a Marksman on the M9 and as a Sharpshooter on the M16
- Certified U.S. Customs Border Clearing Agent, Certified U.S Postal Agent, Licensed Humvee driver, Licensed Fork Lift Operator and Certified Classroom Instructor
Rich Elam, United States Army
- Graduated from USMAPS and appointed as a Cadet in the United States Military Academy
- United States Military Academy at West Point, NY, Graduated in June 1976 with a BS, commissioned 2nd Lieutenant in the Infantry
- Leadership and staff positions at various levels from infantry units to division level (approximately 12,000 soldiers)
- Airborne School (Awarded Airborne Wings), Ranger School (Awarded Ranger Tab), Air Assault School (Awarded Air Assault Wings), Infantry Officers Basic Course, Infantry Officers Advanced Course, Command and General Staff College at Fort Leavenworth, KS (Graduated with Master of Military Arts and Science, May 1990)
- Retired after 20 years of active duty as a Major
Charlyne Keith, United States Navy
- Served from July 1998 to December 2002
- Stationed with VFA-106 working with F-18s from 1998 to 2000
- Stationed in Florida and Virginia as a Plane Captain working on the flight line with VFA-106s
- December 2000 transferred to the USS George Washington (CVN 73) stationed in Norfolk, VA, with deployments to the U.S. Virgin Islands, Greece, Italy, Portugal and Sloveni
- Discharged from the Navy in December 2002 with rank of AZ2 (Aviation Maintenance Administrationmen 2nd class)
Jorg Mast, Military Police, West Germany
Keith Metlock, United States Army
- OSUT (One Station Unit Training) in Fort Benning, GA in 1999, Graduated Air Assault School in 2000
- Graduated OSUT with an MOS (Military Occupational Specialty) of 11BC2 (Infantry Dragon Gunner)
- Stationed in the 25th Infantry Division (Tropic Lightning) in Schofield Barracks, Oahu, HI
- Honorable discharge in 2001 with the rank of E-3 (Private First Class) and the title Infantry Air Assault SAW (M-249 Squad Automatic Weapon) gunner.
Michael Woodlee, United States Air Force
- Graduated from the Defense Language Institute Foreign Language Center Russian Language School
- Certified as Airborne Cryptologic Linguist Specialist/Aircrew Instructor serving aboard RC-135 strategic reconnaissance aircraft tasked to satisfy nationally tasked intelligence collection requirements in the Far East Theater of Operations
- Served as strategic intelligence analyst, tactical deception and counterterrorism program manager at two major command headquarters and various deployed locations
- Completed USAF Air Traffic Control and Airfield Operations Officer training programs followed by assignment as Air Operations Flight Commander supporting Department of Defense and NASA space launch systems, space shuttle crew training and range safety at Cape Canaveral and Kennedy Space Center
- Concluded 20-year U.S. Air Force career as Airfield Operations Commander for the European North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) Joint Jet Pilot Training Program, municipal airport operations and approach control services for regional commercial aviation
- Graduated from Southwest Texas State University with a Bachelor of Arts in Management and Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University with a Master of Science in Aeronautics
We remain proud of these people for who they are and what they do for our company, but even more so for their commitment to our country, our freedom and what they have done, and in some cases continue to do through their Reservist duties.
I take great personal pride in their service and derive great pleasure in being on their team everyday.
Photo courtesy of: ISAF Public Affairs